PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA460 heavy landing on March 12th
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 16:15
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schroedinger, you are clearly not trying to establish the truth - that is already plain. You are trawling for dirt to create a "terror in the skies" headline and blame pilots for a non-incident.

BA cabin crew are notoriously militant, and any chance at embarrassing a management pilot will be made the best of. As for the crews' reported injuries, we all know how that works, just like whiplash claims in the car insurance industry.

If you couldn't find a bunch of claims by the passengers, then accept this is a cock and bull story by disgruntled staff who don't face strong enough disciplinary processes. As for your suggestions to professional pilots that they seek training to make sure every landing is perfect, I'd love to see you manage something so complex with utter perfection every time. The autopilots can't do it, and often come down with a bump, and so will humans, but there is a world of difference between a bumpy landing and a heavy landing. Trust me, if it had been heavy, you'd have your passenger quotes. Now, I suggest you heed your own advice and get some retraining over your own professional standards.