PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 09:16
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
I don't see Troo Believer and Sunfish arguing against each other. I'd argue they are both 'spot on' and putting forward a similar POV, just different viewpoints...

The QF disaster is going to be one of the most studied financial collapses in Australian history. And we are living it - on that level it's fascinating. Extraordinarily tragic, horrific and totally unnecessary, but fascinating none the less.

It sickens me to the core to say this, but as Lodown brilliantly put, it's lifeboat time - I think anyone with any sensible reading of this thread would have the same opinion.

PS: I would argue that the outstandingly abysmal management QF has suffered under has been encouraged by (at least the expectation these idiots have of) potential Govt backing. No matter how much they screwed up, they felt the govt would guarantee their golden handshake when they 'decided to pursue personal goals after giving so much to Qantas'. Tony Abbott was the first person to stare them down, and I think it shocked them.