PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 09:04
ATNotts

Received 320 Likes on 186 Posts
getonittt

EK at 90 % again !!! Well, all I can say is that Emirates are losing money on the BHX service . That statement obviously doesn't mean they are losing money overall , far from it . To put it another way I'm sure there are not exactly 389 people and no more wanting to go on each flight based on 2 rotations every day. so there must be many who find the flight they want unavailable , hence lost passengers who could be accommodated on a third daily service. This is a priority.
I'm a bit confused - I guess it's my age! How can anyone not actually working in the bean-counting department at Emirates actually know that a particular route is losing money; and if it is, the reasons why. Then, if the service is already losing money, what could be the rationale for increasing capacity? Adding another 800 seats (30+% extra passenger capacity) would do nothing to improve profitability. If you are an insider at Emirates in a position to know such information, my apologies!

If Emirates isn't making money at an LF of 90% plus a hefty contribution from cargo then they really need to review their cost base and / or their fares structure! I honestly doubt that to be the case!