Old 17th May 2014, 07:42
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning,

I was an instructor with Marshalls and Cabair freelance and have a:

CPL(EASA)
FI(IRI (R) )
IR (R)

60hrs IFR 1300 hrs exams expired long ago. I have returned to my former profession in the financial services sector due to the downturn, however now my income is back to a normal levels, I am of amind to get a share in an IFR ac and go touring and want therefore an EIR initially and then full IR. In my logbook I have 30hrs or so IR training but never completed the course, due money and having to go through level 4 exams to retain my authorisation in financial services. Although my experienced helped me on the IR course I found that as I hadnt flown much I was struggling a bit and found all rather difficult and not particularly pleasurable. I found the courses difficult all through the training but once operational I had no issues and enjoyed day to day flying.

So my idea is go for the EIR and then upgrade to full IR later, which in mind would make it more managable. I have no intention to be flying around in crappy weather but just want IFR rating to able to flew high on high pressure days, no flying through fronts or anything like that for me, although when I was an IMC instructor I did a fair bit of cloud work in class G.

1. Can my previous IR training be counted.

2. I understand as I have a CPL I only need to do 5 exams under the new system which having taken loads of exams in the past although not really appealing shouldn't cause too many problems. Have been a ATPL ground instructor.

3. Can one of my previous students do any brush up training who himself is an IRI outside the ATO, EIR is I believe 15hrs ?

Trying to make sense of the whole system but a bit out of the loop now, as now back tax planning and organising peoples investments, but I would like to get back to aviation in some form.