PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Views on CASA Schedule 5
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 23:29
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me make this perfectly clear

The Log Book Statement on an Australian Register Aircraft is WHAT the aircraft must be maintained and controlled too period. There is NO room to move on this period.

At the end of a service check it then written on the M/R {every serviceable aircraft has an M/R] what it is maintained to.

This is the same for class A or B

The main difference between A and B is a class A MUST have maintenance carried out IAW with a SOM. A SOM dose NOT mean it has to be manufactures BUT it cant be any less than manufactures.

Sched 5 now states this

6.1 The replacement or overhaul of time-lifed components required in an Airworthiness Limitations Section of the aeroplane’s maintenance manual and any special techniques required by the manufacturer or an Airworthiness Directive are required to be complied with. If it is clear from the terms of the manufacturer’s requirement that the manufacturer considers compliance is optional, then that requirement is optional

I live and breath this every day as do all LAME this is our bread and butter so to speak BTW you stil not answered my question of when did you last certified for work you carried out or issue an M/R or even talk to an AWI me two days ago.

Now Clinton please tell me im incorrect in the above statements. I and everyone would be please if you can put as all at ease or the fact im right. Or has it some what silenced your tongue because im a dill and you cant bear to say im correct. Your inability to answer will show us all.

Cheers