PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - returning F3s
Thread: returning F3s
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2003, 13:52
XS999

scarab

Reference your comment about "senior officers" at MOD considering trying to work out who gr4telicmate is, and charging him for his posts here on pprune. Just a few thoughts of mine.

First of all was this supposed to frighten or intimidate gr4telicmate? Or is it just an example of the short sightedness of our "senior officers" with their knee jerk reaction! If I were him my reply might be along the lines of "bring it on"! If he were charged I am sure he could elect to go to court martial, and get somebody like that nice Mr G Blades to defend him. I am sure he would get off easily, and end up making the "senior officers" look like tw*ts! Then again he could get the media involved, reporting on his court martial. Headlines like "Vengeful MOD charges stressed out Gulf War Hero" spring to mind. Along with comments like "is this any way to treat our returning heros"! A popular theme with the press at the moment.

The press might also pick up on the lack of trauma conselling avaiable to MOD personel (after all gr4telicmate must have experienced traumatic events!!) when firemen ambulance workers etc get it routinely (yes I know the MOD no doubt have a few counsellours retained on strength - but if you go to your MO with that sort of problem you are grounded and the word "nutter" is stamped on your file - so who does?)

No, trying to charge him could open up a whole can of words. I am afraid it also shows the lack of imagination of many of our senior officers. When in doubt resort to a big stick. How about the carrot alternative? Find out who gr4telicmate is, promote him and offer him the overseas posting of his choice provided he writes something on the thread to the effect that he has visited an F3 base and flown with them. He takes back everything he said, they are very professional, doing a great job with the kick they have, blah, blah, blah.. you get the drift! Problem solved so much more easily and cleanly!

So which approach will the RAF adopt, carrot or stick? Probably neither. In the RAF in which I serve they will probably find out who he is and slip the knife in quietly! A nice posting to a groundschool instructor slot somewhere, OIC birdscaring Saxa Vord etc, etc.

P.S You may have noticed my spelling is appalling, and no doubt there are typo's. In the hot and sandy place I am in computer time is limited, therefore this has been a bit rushed. Off to play "I spy" with the lads. Funny how often s comes up, sky, sun, sand......