PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 20:49
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Ive used the term Shakespearian tragedy and compared Qf's CEO's to the insanity of Nazi Germany where outstanding soldiers were hamstrung by incomprehensible meddling from 'Berlin' but Napoleonic failure fits perfectly.

A very good summation of this train wreck of a once outstanding company - especially from an outsider.

The Board and senior 'team' have no idea of airlines outside the confines of Chairmans Lounges and petty political infighting. I doubt any of them have anything but the vaguest understanding of a galley, hangar workshop or cockpit yet they pride themselves in the public eye as being fully cogniscent of all these things.

The good staff at the top must have all left by now, either in despair or poached by those who do appreciate genuine airline people. This exodus is now filtering through to the lower echelons where despair and resignation is entrenched.

I can imagine how it must have felt for elite fighter pilots in fantastically advanced Me262's to attempt the impossible against unending hordes of US bombers. With little fuel, no spares, very few operational airfields and hopelessly outnumbered it was an impossible task, but one that was attempted on behalf of an evil, corrupt and incompetent leadership every day until the bitter end.

And the incompetents are only increasing their blame game against highly qualified, loyal staff, many competent in highly technical fields that those above simply fail to comprehend.

Napoleonic indeed. Every airline faces Russian Winters. Unfortunately this allows the culprits external blame for their incompetence and failure. It is a rare skill however to find a Russian Winter with a beloved, world renowned National Icon entrenched in the national psyche and based in the sunny climes of the South Pacific.

Last edited by V-Jet; 16th May 2014 at 21:01.