PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 20:26
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown with many pilots who are new to higher performance aircraft the "problem" they always have to conquer is the additional speed with which the scenery passes. The often reported nonsense that the Cirrus is difficult to hand fly and that the pilot requires and intimate knowledge of the avionics and autopilot is just that. It is a delight to hand fly for hours on end, and once you are accustom to a glass display the information is more intuitively presented and the pilot requires to interact very little with the avionics
Fuji

I timed the roll rate on an SR22 and it had the same roll rate as a Firefly which is an aerobatic machine.
A delight to fly but I could see it would be quite easy for an inexperienced pilot to over bank especially without visual reference.

but this does beg the question does the Cirrus with all the technology pilot aids and BRS lure pilots into situations they cannot handle?

it also emphasises the fact that those systems should compliment flying skills and not cover up a lack of those skills

Pace