PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whiskey 7 route over Scotland?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 19:08
jimjim1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Advance notice

I have set up an email "Alert" on flightaware for N345AB. You need to create an account which is free.

Friday 16 May
Received flight plan alert from flightaware at 14:22 BST (UTC+1) (09:22 EDT) Scheduled take off 12:00 EDT.

Here is the relevant part of the email alert.

N345AB (DC3) has just filed a flight plan. It is scheduled to depart from N Maine (KPQI) at 12:00 EDT Friday heading for CFB Goose Bay (Goose Bay) (CYYR) for an estimated arrival at 17:44 ADT.

Expected route: CL PN YGV

For more information visit N345AB ? FlightAware
According to flightaware and findmespot they have followed the route defined in today's and yesterday's flight plans closely.

The other idea is to probe flightaware frequently and check if a flight plan has been posted.

Just use the link N345AB ? FlightAware. I think that the flight plan will be displayed. Not 100% sure.

I have not yet seen the flight plan in advance of take-off but I have not looked.

Check out the small orange square with white circle and cross that it at the top right of the map. It allows waypoints and other bits to be turned on/off.

With waypoints [on] the map shows far more waypoints than the flight plan (Expected route: CL PN YGV), not sure what this means.

Last edited by jimjim1; 16th May 2014 at 23:28. Reason: pints != points