PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA460 heavy landing on March 12th
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 08:14
Erwin Schroedinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you "know" they were "assessed" as unfit to continue duties?
BA Crew injured in Madrid hard landing (Mar '14), Steward dies (Apr '14). - boards.ie

'Crew were examined by paramedics on the aircraft who confirmed that they were not fit to operate as crew but were fit to passenger back.'

'…the crew were signed off sick by a doctor and none has flown since. Claimed injuries include damage to legs, neck, back, vertebrae and coccyx. A legal case against BA is being considered.'

If you had ever worked in BA you might have some idea of the work ethic and culture of some work groups where the first port of call is to the union rather than line management.
Do you have any evidence whatsoever that those claims apply in the case of BA460?

I've had plenty of landings well within "normal" parameters which the passengers might have felt as firm.
'Plenty' might suggest incorrect technique or inadequate basic ability. Have you considered seeking the input of more experienced, qualified training pilots in similar conditions?

I've been asked to apologise for a landing by a captain even though there was nothing wrong it other than being more agricultural than usual.
Your opinion of your own abilities in that respect and in that instance is clearly at complete odds with that of your Captain. Do you often disagree with your Captain?

As for heavy landing check, only needs to be raised if in the opinion of the captain, it's required or there is an ACMS print out.
Hard landing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Hard landings can vary in seriousness from simply causing mild passenger discomfort to situations resulting in serious vehicle damage, structural failure, injuries, and/or loss of life.'

My bold formatting.

Injuries are referenced in my earlier text of this post. Based upon that, injuries occurred; the only conclusion can therefore be that the landing was a heavy landing.

So, as explained above and earlier, he might well have apologised but that doesn't mean that it necessarily meets the criterion for a heavy landing check.
I thought the Captain was a 'she'. Are you revealing yet another injury?

As for militant cabin crew? Have you no memory of recent industrial disputes within BA?
I recall a significant series of cabin crew strikes a few years ago. Do you refer to those? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that those strikes have any relevance to this case?

Pprune is not the place to air dirty laundry...
PPRuNe is exactly the place to air dirty laundry. That is one of its main purposes, as far as I am concerned.

...your witch hunt is mis-directed and I'll-informed.
Where is there any evidence that I am conducting a witch hunt? Please indicate where that evidence occurs. I am seeking the truth, nothing else.

As for ill informed, I am obliged to work with the material available, extracted from a thorough online search.

Please supply the well informed material you most certainly must posses, for how else can you possibly be qualified to claim that available material is incorrect or inadequate?