PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA, what do YOU want???
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2003, 09:42
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
AK..

Yep, my last memory of the Woolshed was dirty dancing on the tables with three Norwegian girls. The corrugated iron roof is so low I had to crouch and place one hand on to balance. Mind you $10 entry including 5 stubbies was not too bad!

Yep, that microwave towers...including the one near that bizarre stone mesa just east of Oenpelli that looks like something out of close encounters?

I don't know whether creatiing an AOPA PPL will be any more beneficial, but maybe advice given to members about what to look for in a flying school, people who they can turn to to ask "I think my instructr is making me fly extra etc" and maybe an AOPA approval for different flying schools that pass certain criteria, over and above CASA requirements. (Particualarly if the AOC requirement for Flying Schools is removed).

I hear what you said re Essendon. I don't doubt it happened, but perception in media (and govt) would have been that it was not coming a body that represented the entire pilot industry, just a small self interested group.

CS