PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Donald Trump to start Ireland-Scotland helicopter service?
Old 15th May 2014, 19:58
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donald Trump to start Ireland-Scotland helicopter service?

I admit this puzzles me.

Colourful US billionaire Donald Trump has recently bought Doonbeg, a golf resort near Shannon Airport, to add to his pair of Scottish resorts. He visited Shannon earlier this week and the Irish Times quotes him directly as saying:
The billionaire New Yorker said he plans on creating a golf circuit from the Greg Norman designed Co Clare course, to the Open Championship course at Turnberry and on to his resort on the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire.
“Turnberry will be part of the Trump Triangle as we call it. And the other is my course in Aberdeen — literally a straight line from here to Turnberry and on to Aberdeen,” he said.
We are already in contract for an incredible helicopter that will connect the three dots with guests and we think that is going to be a tremendous amount of business.
To a first approximation, SNN-PIK is 230 nm and PIK-ABZ is 130 nm further.

What "incredible helicopter" out there is best suited to providing a halfway comfortable ride for leisure travellers over a sector as long as 230 nm? An S-92? Is that really able to give a reasonable level of comfort for that kind of sector length? (That's before I ask about the economics - clearly conventional aviation economics won't apply here.)