PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 15th May 2014, 17:38
Tynado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to get started?

Hi,

Bit of a background, I've been into flying since a young age and been playing flight simulators pretty much my whole life. Which just fuels me to want to fly more, especially for a career.

I was scammed last year with the whole "Senior Aviation" thing. I'd been unemployed for around 5-6 month and saw the advert and thought it was too good to be true, turns out it was...

I haven't played any simulators since, it sort of ruined the spark for me as it just makes me want to fly as a career even more so it's quite saddening sitting on my pc doing it!

I've been unemployed another 5 month now due to a motorcycle accident which caused my to lose my job due to my injuries at the time so I'm currently in the market for a new career.

I don't want to go back to a factory job, it's dire and I drowse off into my own little world. I need something exciting. Like flying.

There is no way I could afford a private pilots licence, never mind a commercial licence (fixed wing or rotary) due to obvious reasons meaning I currently have little money.

Is there anything out there that would give me a shot? I've considered the RAF but due to doing nothing for the past few month my stamina is pretty much non-existent so I would never be able to pass the fitness. I'd never be able to get a bank loan and there's no easy to get to airports that I can volunteer at in return for the odd lesson.

Is it really just one of those jobs where you have to be well off already or just plain lucky to get into?