PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2014, 08:36
naturals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
naturals, thanks for this rapid response. Do you know how internal applicants faired?
Again, I didn't meet any BA applicants at all in the process. I'm sure there were a couple but not in the 40-50 people I met and chatted to.

Being blunt, I wouldn't waste time trying to spot patterns in who did / didn't succeed in the process. We've all been there, we've all done the analysis in our heads, but we all know in the end it's a pointless task trying to work out which background has the best chance of getting in.

I met people with Aeronautical Engineering degrees who didn't make it through the first round. Similarly, in one of the most popular online blogs for an current FPP student, the guy was previously a church organist (IIRC). On that basis your odds are improved 100% if you quit your engineering degree and take up the organ. Now we all know that's nonsense - the guy didn't get in because of his career, he got in because of his aptitude.

The more time spent focussing on what background other people have, how old they are and the qualifications they hold, the less time you're spending looking at yourself and working out how to succeed in the interview (as I've said before, the round I personally feel offers the greatest scope to shine). There are probably 5-6 months until the process reopens. Use that time wisely