PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APNG Issues?
Thread: APNG Issues?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 23:06
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APNG Issues?

So some happennings are as follows;

Around 6 or 7 "A" scale captains have been made redundant in the last 4 weeks. These guys are long serving guys, experienced pilots, that are now being deemed too 'expensive' so are being let go. They are not being offered lesser contracts. This is a disgrace.There are guys now with commands on the Dash 8's that used to be until recently FO's on the Otters. These guys have the absolute minimum requirements but come at absolute minimum wages. Experienced pilots are now deemed to be bad for business.

The Otters have been binned, sitting idle and have weeds growing up and around them.

The Dash 8's are in a constant state of repair and some pilots tell me 'falling apart', in their words.

I hear they have gotten rid of around 20 engineers recently, and they were the good ones.

One of the Board has pulled the pin. The Board member has never been known to stick around long if the company he is involved with is a basket case.

The CAA is oblivious to the whole charade and turning a blind eye. Interesting though that a potential 'merger' is back on the cards again.

My sources tell me that the CP and CEO have transferred the 'skills' they had at Skytrans into APNG and the past 12 months has seen in a decline in moral. It seems the MD has embarked on yet another 'profits' driven cost cutting exercise without thinking about the end results. And you wonder why the company has so many issues.
Good luck to the boys and girls up there, tough times ahead.