PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of a light aircraft down in Blue Mountains
Old 14th May 2014, 22:31
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do PPruners think this incident has improved Cirrus reputation in the marketplace of potential Cirrus buyers, or detracted from it?
I'm not sure I'd ever be a potential Cirrus owner but this incident hasn't improved or detracted from Cirrus's reputation IMO. Personally I think they they are an over hyped piece of plastic.

Does the demonstration of the BRS over difficult terrain confirm that such an incident is survivable make you want one more?
No, I think BRS is also over rated.

Or does the fact the engine failed make you want one less?
No, I'd be pretty interested to know why the engine stopped, generally there's a very good reason and it's usually human related

I note this was a very, very new aircraft, initially granted CofA in January, presumably shipped out, not flown out, to Australia. So must have had very few hours on clock.
I'd say this engine was outside the infant mortality period. Refer to my comment above.

Well maintained engines very, very, very rarely stop suddenly and usually there are advanced warnings, like low oil pressure, high temps, rough running. The most common cause is fuel, not enough, wrong type, contamination, poor fuel system management, all factors that the pilot has complete control over.