PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low hour modular fATPL - what jobs are out there?
Old 14th May 2014, 18:32
macs86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low hour modular fATPL - what jobs are out there?

Hi all,

I am currently a PPL holder deciding whether to do modular or integrated training for fATPL (the never ending debate). I'm not asking for the pros and cons of each, I know this has been very well covered elsewhere and is surely a matter of opinion. But can I ask, what jobs are out there in the UK (other than instructing) for low hour modular fresh fATPLs? Virtually every airline it seems wants TR + experience, PARC for EZY (as an example) always seem to want 500hrs or so on type. The odd biz jet job ad that comes up also seems to always want TR. So my question is, how do modular guys build up hours and experience in order to move on to the bigger stuff one day? I know it’s unrealistic to expect to go straight from flight school to the airlines for your first job (unless you are on a tagged scheme, or maybe did the CTC integrated cadet route), but how do people actually build the experience needed to ever be eligible to make it to the airlines? The more I read on pprune and elsewhere, the more I wonder about this…

Thanks in advance for any replies or experience anyone has.