PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 10:58
Finger-trouble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Jedy I'm kind of lost here,

Are you saying that when your rostered out of base that NAS dont roster you to get there or pay for your hotel and transport to and from the hotel or crew food (granted crew food is generally not great wherever you work but better than searching for the nearest carrefour!)? And also who pays for your uniform when you get to work? Didn't they pay for your medical too to enable you to do the job they pay you for?? Talking about pay........im sorry you mentioned that nothing is guaranteed?? So your saying that the basically 90% of of your total monthly salary you get before you even set foot on an aircraft, thats not guaranteed either? Could you maybe explain that? You'd prefer to go back to FR so you can sit on sby 4 day's (5 in a week wudnt be a first, i can prove that!) and get all pay for it? That holiday you want to book later in the year your not sure if you can afford it yet because you don't know how much money you'll make by then? Thats if you can get the leave, after its rejected to still show available next week on screwdock! Ive requested the same week twice, rejected both! How can it not be available if it's available! (again granted im aware leave cud do with some attention at NAS too) Very stable that i must admit, i can see why u would like to return!!

Do i sense correctly that your perhaps not in the base you wud prefer to be in for homelife, you'd prefer to be in base u where in with FR even tho it probably doesnt exist with NAS right now? If this is the case then i think its a bit un fair that you took the job knowing you wud have to commute to your base every week, then come on here and complain how it is (u compare it to FR!)!

Would any of this be correct? Just to put it into context thats all, if your based exactly where you want (same as u where in FR) then i may take your comments with a little less salt involved! If its the fact you get posted out of your assigned base (preferred maybe?) a lot to scandi or other bases for your week and return on day 5 i would have a little more sympathy, but maybe a little more foresight would be required, with a company in these stages its inevitable, until it gets to full capacity with its 300+ ac with 30+ (atleast) bases across europe!

Im not sure anyone cud keep you happy, you left FR because you obviously didnt like it, now your getting moved around europe (at the companies expense) and now your not happy at that!! Goodluck going back to FR, you might get your old base back after a fair stint in marrekesh if your lucky, then again, so many people are leaving because of the treatment we receive you might be lucky, plus your ideal FR material! Goodluck!

P.s i'll swap with ya if you want! You can have my space!!