PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 08:32
PilotInPink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might want to double check some of your information, particularly regarding fleet...

Wilderness has 1x C172 as well.

Safari Air also operates caravans and a Kodiak (which is for sale/ sold- not 100% sure of the current status).

Major Blue has 2x C172, 1x C206, 2x GA8 (with 2 soon to be delivered), and 1x C208.

The rumour of a caravan at Kavango is just that, a rumour. I'll believe it once I see it.

Moremi's PAC is also listed for sale. I don't think it's been flown since the previous chief pilot left almost 2 months ago.

You mention the low retainer at Moremi- but many of the company's don't even pay that. P1000/ month would be hugely appreciated by some of the pilots in training.

Air Law has to be written in order to get the licence validation. This is required before any kind of immigration waiver is applied for. The licence validation lasts for as long as your licence from home. So if you apply with only three months remaining, you will only get three months. It's best to arrive with as much time on your licence and medical as possible.

I've been thinking of editing the original guide for a while now, the information there is invaluable, I might just do that...