PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 05:01
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonz...
Quote:
I don't see how the fact that I choose to fly a Cirrus should reflect adversely on my attitudes or abilities as a pilot?
It doesn't, I never stated or implied that.
I made a comment on your attitude, not what aircraft you fly

I think, you don't actually realise how defensive you are of a position that comes from a combination of lack of experience and steadfast belief in a single safety being the only option.
Thank you for explaining my attitude: I have often wondered what it is.

I am quite happy to stand on the experience and detailed knowledge of the CAPS system and it's history and the training associated with its use that I have gained to date, and on the merits of the arguments I have put forward supported as they are by facts, evidence and, as far as I know, pretty much all of the CSIPs who provide training on these aircraft. That's not being defensive, it's being assertive of a position that has strong evidential support in the face of repeated criticism that does not.

If you want to try to refute this by belittling me, rather than providing evidence to counter what I and others have said, I would suggest that is playing the man rather than the ball and I'm fine with that. I recall the same thing happening to Rick Beach in another CAPS related thread and I can't think of better company in which to be abused.

I repeat something I said in an earlier post: I'm not trying to convert the unconvertable here. I'm trying to stop an inexperienced Cirrus pilot from dying with a perfectly good parachute unused behind them because they are influenced by something written on a forum like this.

Thank you for helping me achieve that