PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 21:54
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April Pax Figures

Great news for BHX, this is the first time in ages that I can remember double digit monthly pax growth. The trend for 2014 as been very much upwards so lets hope that continues. I will be interested to see OP's monthly stats analysis, particularly for long haul destinations. With DXB showing growth again, a third daily EK must at least be being considered by the planners over in EK HQ? BHX has shown that with the right long haul routes it can pull in the punters, lets hope there is growth in long haul, sadly at the moment there is nothing on the cards even charter wise. PK to KHI/LHE could be a possibility, I have always wondered why PK only fly to ISB from BHX. As for short haul, I hope Berlin, Stockholm and Hamburg have done better than the last few months.

I have certainly voiced criticisms about BHX on here in the past and am therefore probably seen as a 'naysayer' however it's easy to be positive on here but the most positive thing any of us can do is to actually get out there and use BHX! I flew out from BHX four times in April (all at my own expense!) and have more flights booked over the summer, now that's what I call support!

The reason that the MAN thread is (quite rightly in my opinion) so positive right now is due to the fact that they are riding a wave and have pulled in so much long haul - Riyadh, Jeddah, Miami, Charlotte, Hong Kong amongst others, as well as good growth in short haul from Jet2. Monarch and Ryanair - however if you have the time and willpower to do so, go back about 12-18 months and you will find outpourings of negativity that easily out moan anything on this thread.....