PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former Blue Angels commander under investigation
Old 13th May 2014, 12:08
Lonewolf_50

Received 461 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenKnight121
But, it is true, none actually flying them.
Thank you for confirming my point, GreenKnight.

Mozella, FFS, back in 1985 one of the few places you could assign a lady in a jet aircraft was in a VC squadron. I know a few gals who flew, and flew well, but could not get jets. Very limited seats, due to the very few billets one could assign ladies to back in those days.

The few who did had no warfare specialty in their first tour. Very hard on a career, and they knew it. This was during the 80's. Being just a few years senior to Capt Joyner (by the way, Good Job to her, getting a Wing is hard to do, no matter who you are) made some excellent pilots and officers whom I knew personally realize they could not make that career track. I know at least one who left to fly for Delta.

Sorry to derail this topic, it's about the Blue Angels and the latest CO who seems to have not got the memo about how CO's are expected to conduct themselves.

I will do some looking, but I think CDR Dave Koss's dad was an A-7 pilot and a Wing Commander back in the 80's.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 13th May 2014 at 12:24.