PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stanstead Screening Nazis
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 11:51
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst being patted down at Stansted,positioning with my Crew,these Richard Heads emptied the contents of my Flight Bag onto the counter and told me it all had to be placed onto the tray and be Xrayed,yet apart from paperwork folder it was entirely self explanatory,apart from my Head Phones that could have gone bang!!Then on examining and opening my First Officer's case a "Rubber Foam Chicken" exploded out of his case into the air,to be applauded by Passengers in the queue and general laughter of the Crew and other members of their own staff.He was duly dispatched to their Duty Manager and a report against him was made to our Ops Director and Chief Pilot.Happily they saw the funny side,as the plonker concerned did NOT have to open his case,but just X Ray it,so what he got was as a direct result of his actions only,and not specifically the First Officer's in putting such Foam Chicken in his case.How that was explained I dont know,but we got special treatment until posted down to Gatwick.The same FO then got a Gorilla photo lightly stuck on to his ID and as the back was swiped each time,the front did not get a look in,so he ran with the gorilla photo for some weeks,until a senior member of staff advised him to remove it!!!!Such was Security only a few years back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by FAStoat; 14th May 2014 at 15:21.