PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Meydan Heights preview, get ready
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 08:07
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P7xkk,

Now given that I specifically requested that a garden was a MUST (2 dogs, both bonkers), being packed in like Glenrycks finest (that's Pilchards or Sardines to the uninitiated) with a space out back that is too small to swing a dead rat has gone down like the proverbial cold cup of sick, and we haven't told the puppies, yet!
I'm going to be absolutely honest here, bringing your dogs here is a bad idea.

Firstly, If they're bonkers they won't accept the heat of the Middle East and the confined space of Meydan.

Secondly, if they make any noise at all and your neighbours (justifiably) complain of disturbed rest you WILL be told to sort it out (I.e. get rid of them) or find your own accommodation. All it takes is for your neighbour to write a nasty email to Fleet Admin threatening to phone in sick due to no rest and you'll be in trouble... And believe me if there's one place in the world where your colleagues report people before discussing it with them, it's Dubai.

As the previous posts suggest, once you're here you have no bargaining power you just have to accept what you're told. If that means no pets then you have to deal with it unfortunately.

It's also probably fairer to your pets to find them a good home in the UK before you leave. The Middle East is not an 'outdoor' sort of place for large pets irrespective of the size of your garden. Do what's right for them, rather than forcing them to endure 50 degree heat just for the sake of having them living here with you.

If the kids NEED a pet then get something small that lives indoors, or adopt a local stray cat that's used to the heat.

Or in Meydan a stray Camel Spider maybe