PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria kidnapping-UK mil to be involved.
Old 13th May 2014, 08:06
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once I was camping on my own in some remote place in Niger, about 10km from nearest village. Just as I was getting into my dosbag, I was annoyed to see a mobylette put-putting over the desert towards me, alerted by my camp-fire. "Bonsoir Toubob", he greeted me, "Qu'est-que je jeux faire pour vous?". Feeling slightly annoyed that I'd been spotted, I gave him a few francs just to get rid of him, and told him to bring me a couple of beers.

About two hours later, I was woken by a headlight and sound of mobylette. "Voila Toubob" and he hands me two warm beers, and the change. I felt a bit guilty after that!

Back to Nigeria, I see from the Grauniad that the septics have deployed manned surveillance aircraft to look for the girls. Interesting to note that they haven't deployed their Niamey-based UAVs - no doubt the Nigerians would have objected to UAVs as they wouldn't be able to insist on one of their "intelligence experts" riding in the back (and getting paid handsomely for their "expertise").