PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Thrust Reverser for CitationJets
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 02:44
g450cpt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJ Reversers

I think what the op is trying to ask on this forum is whether or not operators would want such an option. Maybe he is trying to pursue an STC for the CJ and Premier line. Obviously reversers are are nice to have or almost every other manufacture out there wouldn't put them on in the first place. Yes I know that we aren't given credit for having them when determining landing performance (or at least all the types I have flown), but any help that one gets on stopping is a good thing. So it brings us back to questions at hand. Why didn't Cessna and Raytheon put them on to begin with? Was the weight and performance penalty too much to overcome for the small advantage of extra stopping? CJ's typically don't have a lot of extra payload to play with anyway. I'm not a CJ expert but didn't Cessna do away with the thrust attenuators after the CJ2? Seems to me that with such slow approach speeds, low mass, and good brakes that the engineers at Cessna deemed the advantage of reversers did not outweigh the disadvantages of the weight and performance (ie climb and cruise) penalty. My 2 cents worth.

Last edited by g450cpt; 13th May 2014 at 18:03.