PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2014, 16:56
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Trackdiamond,
First of all we are in agreement the 777 is more economical than the A345, now make me understand why EK would deploy it on lower volume shorter missions, yet they would obviously need it for longer routes. The EK 77W's have a 100 more seats than the A345's, what would be the logic of hauling a 100 extra empty seats? as from May 1st they are now consistently deploying the 77W, in anticipation of increased pax loads, as a result of combining the two schedules out of Jommo. And it has always been that way with their ops, during low season they consistently operate the Airbus variants alternating between the 333, 343 and 345, when the loads are high, they up the capacity using the T7, which makes a lot of sense. I am a pax on this route every week through out the year so I know what I am talking about. I doubt the argument of Boeing leased airbuses ex SIA holds any bearing to how they deploy their equipment.
With regards to the A350, yeah they have ordered about 70 and expecting first delivery in 2019.