PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Pilots for KQ
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2014, 14:46
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ek A345 to HKJK

@Odericko2000...let's not induce a thread drift butl I beg to differ.ayou misquoted me.I didn't imply the politics(or marketing for that matter) was being played by EK...rather Boeing if anything.Point was EK was using the A340 for operational convenience rather than economics.If you have a better assessment please dispaly it for us. EK has indeed ordered A350s and777s amongst other fleet(and it includes A319 ACJ b the way!).777 are more economical than A340s...why aren't they scheduling the T7s on the route.I got that info on Boeing leased A345 ex SIA from insider knowledge. The only benefit the A345 would be in terms of using it across any ETOPs segment(no etops for 340)..and the routing I flew on was via Aden and Rub Al Khali empty quarter of Saudi and AbuDhabi.That way they dodge Eastern traffic via Oman which results in longwinded Radar vectors and sometimes having to accept lower evels due to slotted eastbound traffic...which results in extra time and fuel.Its a bit of a mystery why the A345 is used on that route but it doesn't suit its range mission capability.I can only think that it matches capacity bookings and theyu don't know how better to utilize the A340s ay EK.Iy is inded a dying fleet..a product failure for Airbus I might add..when it came in the market it was to fulfill a certain niche but that didnlt last long with the advent of more manufacture product segomentation and better aircraft to fit those markets. When the A340-200 was introduced at GF they couldn't even fly non-stop to NewYork without a fuelling stop via Larnaca..and this was supposed to be the ultimate long hauler! Seats on the EK flight were too high and squeezed..and no footrest in economy...which was a pain in the traveller thrombosis..many pax noted that setback.Any updates on DEP process?Have they closed the current batch by announcing acceptances or not yet?

Last edited by Trackdiamond; 12th May 2014 at 16:12.