PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAL 331 Kingston final report
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2014, 03:20
aa73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like I said.... I am not stating the crew was faultless, they clearly made bad choices. however, there were traps that night that led them into accepting runway 12 (it was legal, but not the safest course of action) and the bad state of the runway along with the actual wx conditions were not accurately reported. This all came out in the investigation. That was the set up. So the stage was set (holes in the cheese all lined up...) the crew clearly screwed up from there by not going around once the float was induced. No arguments there.

However, the FAA deemed them acceptable into ASAP. Getting accepted into ASAP means that you got yourself into a situation that could have been avoided but could also happen to anyone (it was a non-PINC event... Pilot Intentional Non Compliance - meaning they did not intentionally violate the regs.) so your statement about crew and pax being safer with them terminated is a bit of a stretch and really uncalled for. Have you ever screwed up in aviation and learned a valuable lesson from it? I'm willing to bet you are much safer because of it. No different here, that's what the ASAP program is all about.