PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria kidnapping-UK mil to be involved.
Old 11th May 2014, 21:04
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apology

If I offended anybody at the start of this thread, by calling them PH and appearing to be flippant then I apologise, unreservedly.
The story is already slipping down the newspapers online editions, way down on the Telegraph, 3rd or 4th on the Guardian and then only on there because Mrs Obama is highlighting it (ie that's the interesting bit).
And that's the truth, outside of that its just another minging story from an utterly minging part of Gods earth. The politicians have jumped in, probably committed our servicemen to God knows what yet again in such a thoughtless and callous way it beggars belief.

In the Graud, there are long, long online replies about the situation-some even suggest that the terror group involved are being funded by Saudi Arabia.
Nigeria kidnapping: why Boko Haram is a top security priority for the US | World news | theguardian.com main-1 Main trailblockditable trailblock - news:Position3:sublinks

If you can be even bothered to follow it.

What to believe?
But I say again we as a military nation are utterly incapable of affecting the situation on the ground here to a positive outcome, without a major risk to our own individual military people involved.
We are not world police and this could end in an utter disaster for our people if pursued.
Its not on. Sad, but Nigeria's problem