PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inappropriate trophy photos
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 16:45
Finningley Boy

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts
FB, this story hasn't been orchestrated by Sky News or the BBC, and there is no trial by media here. The media has reported the story (which is their job to do), and these soldiers will be judged by their senior officers. All we are doing here is discussing the issue.
Indeed, Melmoth old chap, we are merely discussing the issue, but my take on this is that, I can't help feeling that if the CAS or Commandant R.A.F.Regiment were to pop up in the press in the next couple of days to offer an explanation along the lines of young men still high on adrenalin after the battle, the reaction is unlikely to be to accept the explanation but more likely raised eye brows and calls from the more subjective commentators for him to resign for taking such a dismissive attitude.

I'm not saying that behaving like some redneck Deer Hunter posing with his successful kill is the way to carry on, certainly not, but these lads may well have been acting with that sense of sudden relief which catches us all behaving, shall we say, in a rather embarrassing manner at times. In any case I understand they've been returned operational service since hopefully we'll hear no more about it.

FB