PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 09:24
Ngineer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
With ref to Mr Sandilands article...

The most perplexing thing about Boeing for those watching its affairs from the ‘outer darkness’ of the rest of the world is the intensity of the ideological hatred from its management for its Washington state based workforce.
I remember a few years back (not that long ago) coming to work on a dark and early morning to find our cleaner buddies locked out of the main gate. On entering the tarmac at security, I was greeted by some HR staff who were checking all workers to ensure no cleaners entered Sydney airport. I was oblivious as to what was going on at the time.

What I saw on the tarmac was a lot more disturbing. Men in smart casual attire, nice & expensive 4wd's, they were high fiving each other on the tarmac whilst organizing teams of workers who were there to take the place of the employees locked out.

I mention this because it was obvious to me at the time that this was no longer a matter of business. Things had become very personal, and emotionally toxic. A deep resentment seemed to have set in between these people managing the lock-out and the employees.

The article I read reminded me of this.