PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAL 331 Kingston final report
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 02:18
marck_c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like I hit a nerve. No chips on my shoulder mate. And as far as discrimination goes can't recall ever being discriminated against by anyone. But I do shake my head every time I read these prune accident washups. Invariably, when the crew involved is from a First World, North American of European country, the tone of the posters, even when criticizing, is a lot more measured and empathetic. Not so when it comes to the rest of the World.

As for knowledge on what really took place, this accident took place in my neck of the woods, and there was collusion between the local authorities and the Yanks, to sort of cover up and sanitize a lot of what really took place. The report took ages to make public, when anyone could see almost from day one, that it was gross pilot negligence. Yet the report is filled with references to atc training, runway grooving, etc, etc. I'll put my head on the chopping block, that if this accident occurred anywhere in the USA, under similar circumstances, that Captain would be working as a greeter at Walmart. But....mysteriously he's back on the line. Guess I have a chip on my shoulder for finding that a bit...odd.