PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay review
Thread: EK Pay review
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 19:28
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BW

The priority should always be on decent basic pay rise. This stays with us and forms the basis for future pay reviews and Company contributions to provident fund and profit share calculations. 3200-3500dhs is the sum profit share for GR2's and GR1's this year thanks to basic pay of around 4500-5500. If their flight pay was taken into account, the profit share would be almost double. A purser will collect around 5500 max. An extreme example perhaps but nonetheless a valid one in my opinion.

I do accept that rents and house values have risen at an alarming rate within the last 18-24 months as have school fees and general living costs including grocery items and clothes. These increased costs must be taken into account when considering an increase in the respective allowance especially for many grades, including cabin crew, who have no option but to move out when they marry and have family.

As pilots it's a different story. The Company provided us accommodation and the choice to rent or buy was ours. We knew the risks and some guys took it. For those that bought, well done. Those that rent.....good luck. Either way, as Tom Cruise famously shouted....."SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 10th May 2014 at 20:41. Reason: Spelling mistake.....blamed on Mr Walker!