PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Sharjah
Thread: RAF Sharjah
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 17:17
SAROSKEETERMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone I'm back!!

I had looked on the thread at the beginning of last year and thought it had stagnated. Due to moving and having lots of aviation stuff to sort out(we have 'downsized' as they say) I only managed to get the odd look here and there and was pleased to see 'simplythebeast' had come up with a photo' of the Sioux airborne - thanks stb.
During my clear out I came across a two page printed form, titled "Official Notice of Rehabilitation." It is stamped "RAF Sharjah, Orderly Room" with the date of mine, 23 April 1966. Indeed, to the untrained civilian eye it looked 'official' to start with but soon one would guess it was a bit of a wind-up! This was sent to my fiance's parents and suggested such things as "Lock all females up" and advised that "if he is surprised or frightened by the following objects" please explain to him in "pidgin English" - a double decker bus, green grass, a train etc. Item 12 says, "Never mention the following - sand, a lovely sunny day, a holiday at the seaside" amongst others. Anybody else have one of these little 'gems?' It must have taken a few nights in the bar(or an hour at work!) to come up with this!
I like your photo's capt salman, of the road/runway. May dig out some more of my aircraft photo's if anyone is interested.