PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Control Non-Compliance
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 14:11
FerrypilotDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sometimes wonder what the FMS look like in bigger aircraft. We normally do 180 to 5, 160 to 4, then final flaps and reduction to Vr. In descent, we are faster than almost all the airliner traffic, including the smartass SAS that thought that descending behind us into Malaga, was somehow going to get them in first, as they were lower (still behind) and we were 340 knots, so still well ahead, as they slowed to 250 as usual.

Why are they playing these games with ATC.....?

As far as waiting a few miles before descending, if we have the VNAV set up, we have the angle we want, then speed requested, the altitude restriction no problem.....really.......don't your boxes allow the same possibilities as our Challenger gives us?

As far as TPs, I used to get "slow to minimum clean" because some Airbus was coming up behind, just before descent, then after he had passed, I first had to extend to not run up his ass, then after turning off at an intersection, wait for him to taxi past!

So THREE times on one approach I had to slow down for the "faster" jet..... ATC at LCLK was hopeless, had no idea about TP capability.

All comes down to COM, doesn't it?
,!