PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria kidnapping-UK mil to be involved.
Old 10th May 2014, 09:49
crackling jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The situation is a disgace and should be addressed and assisted by any right thinking nation, however why have we and the US decided that this is worth getting into, just being sceptical, is there oil or such like in the vacinity? and is it the £ signs shining in our leaders eyes with the companies that they are major share holders in could make for them if we get a foothold.

I know it sounds like something out a film such as 'the wild geese', but i really do wonder and as i say i really am sceptical these days in respect of our leadership.

The main reason i am perturbed by this situation is we made a promise to the Ukraine that if they gave up their nuclear weapons stock pile that ourselves and the US would back them up if they come under threat from anyone, bearing in mind this was a cast iron aggreement and what has happened, these same leaders didn't want to know and have just sat back and let it happen with the odd comments of outrage, all this has shown is our word around the world is worth nothing, perhaps that's it, if it was worth something they'd want their cut.

I must end this now before i get carried away. anyway being ex forces myself (RAF), if any of you lads and ladies do have to get involved then best of luck and best wishes get home safe.