PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 08:40
Big M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst the operational workers are sliced and diced a quick look at the jobs available site reveals more managers are required - what a bloody disgrace.

I kid you not - the below are 'advertised' internally and/or externally

Principle Commercial Analyst
Manager Service Delivery
Manager Product Development (used to have great product before it was all wound up and given to EK and Crapstar)
Manager, Direct Digital Sales (oh please)
Manager, Service Quality
Manager, Resource and Operations (not many resources left, or operations)
Product Manager, Mobile Applications & Tablet (is there an IT dept? or were they made redundant previously?)
Manager, UX & Design (WTF??)
Manager, Digital Production
Manager, Commercial Opportunities (not much to manage when you don't fly anywhere to create 'opportunities)
Manager, Customer Targeting (customers used to come to QF)
Manager, Performance & Customer Insights (could this be done by the body above if required at all)
Manager, Direct Strategy & Portfolio (ergo there must be a Manager for 'indirect strategy')
Manager, Customer Strategy (refer above)
Corporate Operations Officer (this may be what's known as a secretary)
Manager, Non Flight Revenue (my personal favourite - is there a Finance dept?)

This was only after about 2 pages in (there were 5 pages total & not a coalface job to be seen)
I'm absolutely not joking (I wish I was), as at this rate I can't see a reduction in staff total. Of course LGA will be correct - there will be a "reduction" of 5,000 jobs (pilots, engineers, hosties) but these will be balanced by employing an extra 5,000 managers and consultants.

The gravy train rolls on - laying track on sleepers created by bodies of pilots, engineers, ramp and terminal staff, cabin crew etc.
Don't forget all these Manager roles come with endless first/business class travel, Q club membership, car leases, i-phones, laptops, lunches at Stonepool and on and on it goes. I wonder what the good Senator would think?? No wonder the Mad Monk Tony said a big fat NO to a loan, as this crap above is the kind of stuff it would've been spent on.

The wreck is coming kids - NO aircraft left, NO 787's or A350's coming means no revenue and the pigs with their snouts in the trough are fast swilling the last of the cash reserves. Oh the humanity.

I wish this wasn't true.