PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inappropriate trophy photos
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 07:30
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Boudreaux Bob, most of the recorded instances of violence against crews who had bailed out of their aircraft were perpetrated by non-combatants.

As for the murder of the Stalag III escapees, Göring, Keitel, Westhoff and von Graevenitz (who was head of the department in charge of prisoners of war), all argued against any executions as a violation of the Geneva Conventions. Hitler then ordered Himmler to execute more than half of the escapees. Himmler passed the selection on to General Arthur Nebe.

Regarding the Kommandobefehl, some commanders such as Rommel refused to enforce it. All captured German officers who had ordered execution of commandos following this order from Hitler were found guilty of war crimes and most were executed following sentence at Nuremberg.

Boudreuax Bob wrote:
Do spare me will you....War is about killing the enemy forces personnel and rendering as many as possible Combat Ineffective. Killing them dead accomplishes that.
And your excuse for My Lai and the subsequent cover up?

As vasco. hinted, perhaps you might need to apply some of your own product:

Daysleeper wrote:
I can't really see why there is a fuss about these pics.
Whether or not this constitutes violation of the Geneva Conventions in that they might be considered 'desecration' remains to be established. But the utter stupidity of those posing for or taking the photographs is abundantly clear.

Last edited by BEagle; 10th May 2014 at 08:13.