PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inappropriate trophy photos
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 07:23
Training Risky

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, as I said previously Roland, I wonder if folks would be quite so ready to offer mitigation if it were Taliban standing over dead British soldiers.
Well in that case we'll just have to appeal to the shadow Taliban government for a thorough and comprehensive investigation into possible Taliban war crimes. Oh really, we can't do such a thing? I wonder why not...?

There has been a lot of hand-wringing and holier-than-thou preaching on this thread already over our need to be whiter than white in Afghanistan against a perfidious enemy a la Bastion Attack 2012.

This is an enemy who doesn't respect international law, Amnesty, Chami Chakrabarty and Phil Shiner et al, the Geneva Conventions or at the least, Mumsnet.

These bodies were not urinated on or defaced. It was just some pictures. Let the lads who are pulling out of that sh*thole do it in the best way they see fit, without the dubious 'glory' of being the last Serviceman to die in 2014-5.

We are in a new paradigm of waging war it appears, against a type of enemy throughout the developing world that will stop at nothing to kill me and mine. Still only 18 months before I retire and the war is over for me. I wonder how long the Great British Public will remember me and my ilk after the GWOT...2, 3, 4, years? I wonder if H4H will be just a quaint icon that flashes up on ipad quiz games...