PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Average Pilot Experience Levels Of Each Airline Be Public?
Old 10th May 2014, 06:57
kungfu panda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The regulatory body is there to lay down an absolute minimum not to put in place an acceptable Norm, therefore from this point of view forget the regulatory body. The danger, as with fuel in recent years, managements have used the absolute minimum as the norm, I think this is clear. It has to stop.

The only way to deal with this situation, as with UK schools, is to use League tables as way to shame Airlines who do use absolute minimum flight deck experience as a norm. I understand that League tables are not perfect but their imperfections can be made clear and they can be used as a guide for consumers.

It has to be clear that experience levels in some Airlines are becoming shockingly low, where you have crew with total experience of maybe 3000 hours, all of which very localised. These crew members may not have even avoided a thunderstorm between the the two of them or made a real low visiblity Landing.

Bealzebub- I respect your views but you need to make it clear that you do have a vested interest in your argument due to your role in training which I believe is either Easyjet or CTC. It is not an unbiased opinion. All the hours argument that you put out in your post are a red herring, you know what we are talking about here, it is the real problem of super low experience crews operating together. With your intelligent articulate views please address the real problem rather than throwing out decoys.

Last edited by kungfu panda; 10th May 2014 at 09:20.