PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SKYWEST Airlines said yesterday...
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2003, 19:25
MU2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"When BM was running the airline I WAS very supportive", yes you may also have been supportive, but that is a bone of contention, as since BM left your tune has changed.....

Obviously your facts are still off the mark, i.e. WS and Engineering for starters. But the things that get me the most is the biased reporting you do. It never seems objective and you seem to pick at all the little ins and outs of the company which are hardly newsworthy. If you write so much about Skywest, you must be able to write a novel about Qantas every day relatively speaking. But you never take your focus off Skywest and direct it at other companies that actually have more newsworthy items to report. For example things like the 737 runway excursion at Darwin? or the other 737 that had it's speed brake out and the crew wondered why it had a rumbling noise and vibration and did a flyby of the tower. Or perhaps a certain operator at Perth who had 3 engine failures/shutdowns all in the one day. Or a runway excursion in a C441 that is common knowledge? How about Skywest's 40th Birthday? Ok it started from Carnarvon Air Taxis or whatever and they traced their roots back. So have other airlines around the world, so what if it's a bit of PR! (Gaunty ..... Fair go). But that wasn't newsworthy...?
And when you report something, there always seems to be something that you drag back in that's old news but you repeat it like a broken record.... (or is it pading for your word quota?).

I don't really care who your analysts are, but if you can't say who then don't use them or their quotes or information. Very poor indeed. I bet Media Watch would have a field day!!!!!

P.S. here's some bias:

"Somebody mentioned BM suing. Yes he has and for damn good reason and has won every time and may do so over Skywest" - well doesn't that record get played again and again in the West....

"They take on BM at their peril" - ...

"Now for the bad publicity." & "I have not bothered to report...." -

you have now..

PPS. YOUR QUOTE.....So let’s get the facts straight. As Gaunty said: I know a great deal more about what is going on than has been reported.

Well i very much doubt that. AND THAT IS A FACT.

Last edited by MU2; 30th Apr 2003 at 16:12.