PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Control Non-Compliance
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 05:18
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N90 I think what he is saying is that after he has informed the controller "no can do" due to performance the controller then trys bullying to get the pilots to make a unsafe none stabilised approach with the threat of a miss approach as the beating stick.

I have only heard it once with one of the big boys and I still had tears in my eyes after landing when the reply was "going-around, Mayday mayday mayday, below minimum fuel reserves. "

And that must have really screwed with the separation getting him back in quick as they had already authorised the second runway for the diversion.

This was in Europe not the US.

And BTW in my TP we have the opposite problem, after the controller has struggled like hell to get a jet round our old heap of ****e we then do 250knts to 5 miles and then that buggers up the departures if they don't spot it. Then we can come back to taxi speed inside the out bound q. Or come off and block the jet being able to get by. Sometimes its 15 mins hard work by 4 different controllers just to get a jet past a TP with the same ETA but the jet must always go first of course

Last edited by mad_jock; 10th May 2014 at 05:30.