PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots working in Canada
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 03:14
vonsnrub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't got the night rating yet however I've done the 5 hours solo night circuits, would it be worth finishing that? In the course I'm in we get our MEIR and then complete the ATPL theory tests. I just don't know if it's worth getting the Instrument rating if it won't be recognized in Canada.

Sounds like you had a fairly considerable amount of experience, reckon I'd be better off trying to find work here to build some experience before I make the switch to Canada? And thanks for the advice, I might Email a few hiring operators to see what they would hypothetically prefer from me.

And evansb thanks for the heads up, it's funny though in Brisbane (where I live) full comprehensive insurance for my car (Supra) would be $4,000 a year, and if I saw the petrol price at $1.41 I would fill it up quickly cause that's the lowest it gets here, usually hovers around $1.61. We also have the third most expensive public transport system in the world! In short, we're being screwed. So even BC would be a pleasant change from here. My only concern with the other territories would be purchasing a vehicle without a permanent address and driving it legally (if another territory does that I would look very seriously at it). I've always wanted to visit Canada and its the remoteness that attracts me, I'm happy to work anywhere (although I say that without an intimate knowledge of Canada).