PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Views on CASA Schedule 5
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 14:50
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yr right,
Why don't you stop trying to teach people to suck eggs, and just read what is written. By your last post, if that is what you really think, your knowledge of both the legal and practical requirements of maintaining continuing airworthiness is seriously deficient --- not uncommon in the GA fraternity.

I suggest you catch up on some of the CASA AWB of recent times on the subject.

Then go actually read FAR 43, Appendix D, and compare it to Schedule 5.

As for "Schedule 5 worksheets", that does not comprise acceptable data (or as CASA likes to say- approved). It seems to me you are very open minded, the trouble is, it is open at both ends.

You are clearly a product of the Australian system, where whatever you have been taught is all you seem to know ---- that what you have been taught might be wrong (like your objections to LOP running engines) never occurs to you. As long as CASA says it, you accept it.

Whether you like it or not, instructions for the continuing airworthiness of FAA certified airworthiness are part of the certification of the aircraft --- there is a very strong legal line of thought that (particularly since mid-1998) most Australian (US built) light aircraft have an invalid C.of A, because they have not been maintained to the requirements of the original FAA Certificate of Airworthiness standards.

As I have said before, the the OEM MM forms part of the acceptable (approved) data for Schedule 5, it is NOT either/or --- indeed, the OEM MM is one of the documents that is automatically CASA "approved" ----- although I have no doubt of the story posted by cleartoenter, that is not the fault of Schedule 5, that is the fault of the ignorance of the aircraft "Registered Operator" and his/her LAME.

There is far more than AC 43.13A/B that you should be cognoscente of in maintaining FAA certified aircraft.

Tootle pip!!

PS: "Mandatory Service Bulletins" ?? An OEM service bulletin becomes mandatory when an NAA turns it into an AD. Remember, the Cessna SIDs are not SBs, they are included in the MM.

Last edited by LeadSled; 9th May 2014 at 14:55. Reason: Add info.