PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots working in Canada
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 13:16
vonsnrub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for all your advice thus far, really helping me get a better idea of what's involved. I've been looking at Air Hart or Ocean Air, does anyone know anything about either of them (for the bush training)? I suppose a lot of it would be luck of the draw as well, if the potential employer has ties to the flight school. Thanks lilflyboy262 for such a comprehensive reply. I didn't know about the rule that if your rating was issued in the last 12 months it is valid regardless of PIC hours so that's helpful as I'm one flight away from a tail plane/aerobatics endorsement. And yeah a lengthy road trip sounds like an adventure, i guess similar to Australia in that regards except with the looming threat of freezing to death in the car at night. How long did it take you to find a job that way? I unfortunately have no family or friends there but BC does seem to have measures in place to allow to own a car without a permanent address at least temporarily. Hahaha yeah the last line feels me with hope as well.