PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 10:54
catch21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disagreeing Experts

Experts disagreeing with each other is nothing new, it's happening in court rooms around the world all day long.

What makes this extraordinary is that there are now two sets of experts disagreeing with each other, both over different sorts of pings, ULB pings and Satellite Pings.

Judging by the Atlantic article, it doesn't seem to me that the experts disagreeing (with the search authorities collective) on the issues of the satellite pings are Terry-Halfwit-with-a-calculator types. They would seem to have credibility, and I would hope they're now being listened to.

From the Malaysian Insider article, there would appear to be reasonable doubt cast by outside experts on the authenticity of the ULB pings as well.

I certainly wouldn't question the wisdom of the search strategy so far, (I've been involved in SAR for many years and it is always obvious afterwards), but given the lack of physical evidence I don't think it is unreasonable at this point to expect a re-think and a fresh analysis of the whole incident.