PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Msd aviation in india & souther aviation service (sas) in colombo
Old 9th May 2014, 10:18
KichalFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Msd aviation in india & souther aviation service (sas) in colombo

Pilots, if you are a fresh pilots with low hours, please read carefully this story and the rest is up to you to believe or disbelieve.

A friend of mine is an EASA license holder, here is the story. Last year, Intex Aero has advertised on it's website about a lovely program which will be conducted by MSD AVIATION (INDIA) for A320 type rating and 300 hours line training in Sri Lanka. Since the program was offering an employment with SriLankan Airline (check Intex Aero facebook account) he signed up for the program. The contract did not state any third party involvement during the course. After reaching Colombo, he found that there is another agent called SAS based in Colombo who is mainly responsible to conduct the whole training on behalf of MSD AVIATION. It also turns out that the type rating will be conducted with SriLankan Airline but the line training will be conducted with either Mihin Lanka or Maldivian Airline (statement was obtained from SAS CEO). My friend along with other pilots who met there to conduct the training had no option but to proceed. Initially MSD AVIATION told the pilots that SriLankan Airline TRTO is approved by EASA authority. Pilots were happy that they can endorse A320 type rating into their EASA license. Boom, it turns out that TRTO is NOT approved by EASA but only their SIM is approved since it's level D. Again, the pilots had no option but to continue since they have been promised by MSD AVIATION and SAS that they will conduct the line training straight after completing the type rating. After successfully completing the type rating they asked the pilots to go home and wait for couple of weeks to complete their paper work to start the line. Boom, it's been 9 months and they have never given any confirmation, in fact, SAS and MSD AVIATION did not sign any agreement with any airline to start any line training. Trouble is, why MSD AVIATION did not include any responsibilities of SAS in the contract? What are the terms and conditions if any party failed to deliver the rest of the training? What are the refund condition? Non of these were highlighted in the contract. I feel sorry for my friend and his colleagues to be bullied by those agents. It's just sad of how those agents stole their money and their dreams away. In fact, they are still promoting such a program in their website. To those pilots who are willing to deal with those agents, think Million times before you throw your hard working money to those agents for P2F scheme.