PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 08:32
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last couple of chute pulls in the UK were due to inadvertent flight into IMC, how about some better IMC training, then maybe we won't be raining Cirruses (?) Cirri (?) okay , very well equipped private aircraft over Banbury and the middle of Gloucester.

And before anybody decides to tell me I know F### all I've been flying for 35 years, 26 years professionally, hold ATPL/A and ATPL/H and have nearly 15 000 TT, and listening at my local flying club sometimes I want to shake people out of their complacency and shoot the authorities who have dumbed down all areas of flight training over the last 40 years.

I can see a use for BRS over difficult terrain in the engine failure case, but I can also see a lot of reasons for not flying over that terrain in the first place. As someone wrote earlier most engine failures are at low level where the chute is no use, so what do Cirrus pilots do in that case, I know of one young man who got away with it by dint of going straight back to PPL first principles, will others crash because the chute wasn't available?

Rant Over

SND