PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manager Watching
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 16:52
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good advice Arfur. Double edged sword though. Where do you vent pent-up anger ? Public forums are not bad and the Professional forum is likely to attract considered opinion along with ill considered statements. Venting in the local pub often leads to ugly brawls ! Definitely, keep it out of the Flight Deck.

I had the misfortune of working for a UK bucket & spade company based at an outstation. Being a big-mouth, I " vented" much criticism but was warned by a senior that HQ had "long ears" & that the outstations were full óf people ready to drop me into the poo, often in order to advance their own status ! Gosh ! I clamped up .

Readers will be disappointed to note the troubles lurking at CX, a once mighty company high on the list of potential employers. Venting on a professional forum does give insight and might even assist those in facing career choices.

Recent joiners know what they signed up for. Old hats might well wish to fight what they perceive as erosion to former status.

As an expat in one company, I had to live with the reality that not only could I not change anything, but, my input was not welcome anyway ! I enjoyed the flying, signed the Tech log, took the money & went home. Faced with my fave tipple, a bit of Miles Davis & a pretty chick in the same room worked.................................for a while.

Good luck to all & keep it off the Flight Deck.